DIY Rustic Dining Room Table.Home decor and design with style



DIY Rustic Dining Room Table Reveal!

Finally, the time has come where I can reveal the finished product of the table hubby built from scratch for our dining room! He finished it just in time for my bff's bridal shower, but I had to wait for our chairs to come in before the big reveal. We're SO happy with it and I'm still in awe that the crazy man I married could build this with his own hands, and for under $150 at that!

I showed him some pictures of what I wanted - a rustic Restoration Hardware inspired, dark plank table with cream linen upholstered chairs. From Restoration Hardware, the tables I liked ranged from $2,600 to $3,600 - and that wouldn't include the chairs - woof. Plus, they were all 7-9 feet long.  As I wrote about here, we've had quite the struggle finding a dining room table long enough. Our dining room is 18 ft long, which we loved about the floorplan, but posed a challenge in terms of being able to find a table that could fill the space. To allow room on the ends for chair movement and walking past, we determined we would need an 11 ft table. We looked in probably 15 furniture stores (not to mention TONS of places online) and didn't find a single 11 ft table. The general market size cap seems to be about 9 ft, since most dining rooms are no longer than 12 feet. The difficulty finding the right sized table, our love for DIY'ing, and the cost savings benefits were enough to persuade us to try to DIY - and I'm so glad we did! Here is our dining room/empty 
void BEFORE the table:See more:



Related

dinning rooms 5792129844877671262

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

The best

Latest

living rooms
item